Certificate of origin
Certificate of origin is the official confirmation of product manufacturing (or sufficient processing) in one of the countries that are parties of the Agreement on the establishment of a free trade zone. The agreement was signed in 1994, on April 15.
Parties of the Agreement on the establishment of a free trade zone are the following countries:
- The Republic of Azerbaijan;
Certificate of origin (form CT-1, form A, common form) is usually required while passing customs clearance when products are exported to countries listed above. The document is a confirmation of the country-manufacturer of the products. Certificate of origin (its original) is provided to the customs authorities along with customs (cargo) declaration. In addition, the importer must provide a standard package of documents required for customs clearance of the products.
When exporting the product made in countries mentioned above (in legislative document) to the territory of our state, it will automatically receive benefit to pay VAT only in the presence of CT-1 (certificate of origin).
It is not necessary to provide a certificate of origin in the following cases:
- if the products are transported across the border by individual specifically for their own usage;
- if the product exported to the territory of our country has been declared to the regime of international customs transit, which is accompanied by a full tax and customs duty exemption;
- if the total cost of exported products, which are sent at the same time, to one recipient, is not more than 20,000 Russian rubles.
In Russia only the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation has the right to issue the certificate of origin. Certification centre Rostest could help with issue of this document. Specialists of certification centre Rostest will provide all necessary information about the design of this type of certificate as well as do their job quickly and as accurately.
Certificate of origin is usually issued on A4 plain paper. Document is protected with specially designed tools.
Validity of the certificate of origin CT-1 is 12 months from the date of issue to the applicant.
In order to obtain a certificate of origin, the applicant must submit to the certification body the following documents (copies of the documents, duly stamped by exporter):
- registration certificate (from the state tax services);
- document confirming state registration of the company;
- company charter (first and last page);
- reference confirming the registration in the State Statistics Committee;
- shipping documents;
- documents confirming the fact of manufacturing products in a particular state.